FIFTEEN – An Overdue Update

In this post, I’m going to go over what’s been done so far and why I haven’t posted in so long.

To briefly cover the why, since my last post very little has been done that I can talk about. This is because of two things. The first was the the due date for Dissertation. I don’t want to talk too much about modules out side of my final film, but briefly put a Dissertation is a 7000 word essay that talks in detail and with examples of evidence the argument I am making. Needless to say, this takes a lot of preparation and research (which had been on going)  before writing. I had scheduled two weeks to type this up, which is one of the reasons its been so long since the last post.

The second reason is due to my health. Usually, I do not like to talk publicly about such matters but I feel in this situation there is a valuable lesson to be learned. Over the past year or so, I have been struggling with an issue to do with damaged nerves in my back. This damage is the result of a previous condition where I had slipped a disk in my lower spine, the disk had pressed on a nerve cluster that controls my left leg and caused me to use a walking stick as well as the usual pain problems associated with it. I had an operation in 2014 which seemed to fix this. Recently however, it is believed that the nerve damage is still present and has somehow been aggravated. This has left me experiencing high levels of pain and needing to use a walking stick again. Which leads me to the lesson I’ve been taught. Because I struggle doing most routine day to day tasks, filming the project has ended up being when my back and leg permits it. As this is a project that I am mainly doing on my own, I had never budgeted for additional core crew such as an assistant director, cinematographer or producer. This has resulted in me having no one I can use as a proxy to keep the project ticking over while I rest and recover. Ultimately, this has caused the problem of the schedule falling behind. Now, if I had decided to employ more people, then this could have potentially been avoided. I also don’t have the budget to now employ these people either as its already been allocated and spent on other parts of the film.

These issues aside, I am confident the project will still be completed.

So far, these areas have been completed:

  • Footage for Autumn Obtained
  • Footage for Winter Obtained
  • Footage for Spring Obtained
  • Costume acquired
  • Music Obtained
  • Masks of the Seasons acquired

These parts form the backbone of the majority of the film. I have completed various edits too with place holders in place.

Areas that need to be complete are:

  • Footage for Summer
  • Props completed
  • Green Screen footage filmed
  • Green Screen Set finished

The summer part is very much dependent on the weather at the moment. The props have been purchased, I just need to finish some small touch ups on them.

That’s all for now. I’ll hopefully have more soon.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed