So today I finally finished the masks off! I also built the first set too.
As shown in previous entries I had already completed the Face of Autumn and the Face of Winter. I had to put the Faces of Summer and Spring on hold while I finished rebuilding my workshop. Here’s what the finished products looked like.
The Face of Spring
As for the set.
Originally, the film was going to be all done in the field and very little of it scripted or manipulated. The weather however isn’t playing ball. So to add a little variety to the film I’ve come up with a little plan to make the revealing of the Face of Spring a little more interesting.
I’ve decided to do the parts of the film where the Face of Spring sprouts from the ground as if its growing using stop motion animation. This will help to create the playful tone I’m after for this season as stop motion can be made to have a fun, jerky aspect to it.
The set for this is simple. I’ve taken a run of the mill cardboard box, filled it will a few potted plants and compost (to hide the pots) and left room in the centre for the Spring mask to go. I’ll then bury the mask, taking pictures as I go and when I edit it together I’ll put the pictures in reverse order. This will make the mask look like it’s coming up from the ground.
Building this set and deciding to add in a stop motion element has definitely given me food for thought on how to do some other parts of the film. Before I commit though I would like to run them by some other people to see what they think. With that I’ll wrap this post up here.
Until Next Time.